Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Holy Hair Miracle, Batman!

I have been pretty lucky with my hair.  I have never really had any major issues.  I treat it nice.  Almost 35 and still no grays.  I call that a win.  This winter though has been insane.  I have had static like no one else.  I have resorted to ponytail to tame it.  Nothing works.

Then this morning I woke up and jumped into the shower.  I washed and scrubbed my hair like I normally do and got out.  I noticed that my hair didn't "sound" squeaky clean.  Normally I am a brush while wet and go kinda girl.  I quickly dry my bangs so they don't go crazy, but the rest of my hair curls on it own, so I don't fuss too much.

The past week or so, I noticed that my brush was having challenges going through my hair.  This morning...after washing...I still looked like a greaser from the 1950's.  

I HAD BUILDUP.   
dun dun dunnnnnnnn

Now I say HAD because I just found a miracle solution and you probably already have the stuff in your pantry as well.

All you need is three things, well four if you count water.

Yeah, I know that is only two items.  The third item is shampoo.  I grabbed my daughters shampoo and used that.  And I already told you the fourth.

So...here is what you do.
Put two tablespoons baking soda in a bowl and mix that with shampoo.
In another bowl, I used a liquid measuring cup with a spout for easy pouring, mix 1 tablespoon vinegar with a cup of cold water.  I used apple cider.  It was the first thing I grabbed.

Now.  Take these two bowls to the bathroom and hop in the shower.   Shampoo up with the baking soda/shampoo combo.  Rinse out.  Then pour the cold water/vinegar on your noggin.  All done!  Easy right?  Now run your fingers over your hair and listen to the squeak.

My hair feels A MILLION times better.  No pony tail today!  And talk about CHEAP!  I was going to run to the store after the husband got home today to get some fancy clarifying shampoo, but now I don't have to!!  Yippee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment