Saturday, February 23, 2013

My sad, sad ironing board.

 I use my ironing board A LOT.  Not to iron my clothes, mind you, but to iron material for my shop, BumbleFly~N~ButterBees.  Some months, when it is busy, the ironing board is a central part of our kitchen.  I am sure Eric loves that.  

Well...this thing has seen better days.  It looks downright HORRID.  Well...it did.  I made a new cover for it yesterday.  Here is the before picture. 




As you can clearly see, I cut a big hole in it.  My scissors are sharp.     This material is PAPER thin, burned, drawn on and shredded.  A VERY ugly eye sore.

I don't know if you have ever looked for an ironing board cover, but they are pretty ugly.  I wanted something that wasn't stripey and wasn't Laura Ashley flowers.  If you are into that, yay for you!  I am not.

I found some gorgeous material that I was going to use for sandwich wraps and snack bags on Fabric.com  When I got it in though, the print was HUGE.  I don't know if they didn't have the ruler at the bottom or not.  Maybe I wasn't paying attention to the picture.  It happens.   Anyway, it would look rather odd as a small item.  So, I decided this would be perfect!

I found a helpful tutorial online at A Fashionable Stitch   This tutorial was REALLY easy to understand and follow.  I honestly have no idea why I couldn't figure this out!  One thing I did have an issue with was that I didn't have enough bias tape in one color.  So part is pink and part is orange.  It is on the bottom.  You can't see it any way.  :)

So here is my finished product, cute huh?






Oh, and I made her too.  Coloring was hard and she had to take a break while drawing.



No comments:

Post a Comment