Friday, March 1, 2013

Pinterest addiction and guacamole


I love Pinterest and I love guacamole.  We tried to have Taco Tuesday and that didn't work this week.  So we had it on a different day.  I was playing around on Pinterest and I found a recipe for Grilled Avocado Guacamole.  I don't know if you have ever grilled an avocado, but they turn so creamy and yummy it is insane.

This was my first time grilling an avocado. To grill it you slice it in half, remove the seed, and place on grill for about 5 minutes.  BAM. Done.  I put salsa and sour cream in the hole.  SO GOOD.  This was last summer I think.


So when I found this recipe I was EXCITED.  It is from the site Treehugger.com 

which is a rather interesting site.  You should go check it out.

Anyway, I had to change things up a bit because:
1)  I didn't have garlic cloves, just that bottled minced stuff.  We got through LOTS of garlic here and that it quick and easy. 
2)  Since I wasn't going to roast the garlic I decided to put some olive oil on the grill when I grilled the avocado halves.  That way the olive oil taste would still be incorporated.  I dig EVOO.

So go to the site to get the recipe and watch a cool video.  Here are some lovely pictures I took as I worked to get you inspired.  Enjoy! 




Avocados halved.  I love these things.  

To pit them cut them in half, then CAREFULLY take a knife and smack it into the pit.  Then twist the knife and the pit will pop out.  Just make sure to be careful.  To get the pit off the knife I use a towel to grab the pit.  Can't be too careful!


 Here is the freshly grilled halves.  Nom nom nom


I am not sure WHY I find the fact that avocados scoop so easily out of their shells awesome, but I do.  It is cool.


Shells, pits, and tomato balls.  I don't enjoy tomatoes AT ALL, but the tomatoes in this recipe were bearable.  I didn't even notice them really.  I cut three tomatoes, but probably only used half of those.  Also, I find the tomatoes here pretty.

 Oh...and I forgot to take a picture of the finished product.  We ate it too fast.





1 comment: