Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Color Run aka The Happiest 5K on the PLANET


Dudes.  The title doesn't lie.  It truly is.  Who would have THOUGHT that I would be excited about a race.  CRAZY.  I did it last year and had an absolute BLAST.  It was messy, but insanely fun.

PreRun.  As you see, we are CLEAN!


Yeah....my husband did somersaults THROUGH the color.  lol.  The colorists loved him!



The Color Toss at the end was my FAVORITE part.  I might have stayed there for a hour or two.
SO fun in fact, that I am doing it again!  Eric can't make it this year though.  October is a BUSY time in the craft world, well...just in our life in general.  

First weekend:  Wedding
Second weekend: show/anniversary
Third weekend:  THE COLOR RUN!!!!
Fourth Weekend: Show

So with all that going on, we can't get a sitter for him to join me. LUCKILY I have a friend who is coming down to get colorful with me!!  YAY for friends!!

Now that I showed you how AWESOME it was last year, let me back up and tell you a bit about it..The Color Run, also known as the Happiest 5K on the Planet, is a unique paint race that celebrates healthiness, happiness, individuality, and giving back to the community.  You WILL get messy.  There are no buts about it.  It is just a cornstarch mixture and it does wash out...kind of.  Don't wear anything that you will regret getting messy!

The Color Run™ is "less about your 10-minute-mile and more about having the time of your life, The Color Run is a five-kilometer, un-timed race in which thousands of participants are doused from head to toe in different colors at each kilometer. The fun continues at the finish line with a gigantic “Color Festival,” using more colored powder to create happiness and lasting memories, not to mention millions of vivid color combinations. Trust us, this is the best post-5k party on the planet!"  

^That part...take it to heart.  I am not a "runner" when I tried to be a runner I got DOUBLE tendonitis.  That is right.  Tendonitis in BOTH legs at the same time.  That is why I LOVE this 5K.  I walked it like a lot of people did and didn't feel "bad" about it.  True, there were joggers and runners, but also a LOT of walkers.  So don't be scared of signing up if you just want to walk!



That video gives me CHILLS.  It seriously is that fun!
There are only two rules, the idea is easy to follow: Wear white at the starting line and finish plastered in color!   With registration you get all kinds of swag.  They give you a white t-shirt, so that part is easy.  You do NOT have to wear white bottoms, but you can!  I saw all kinds of outfits!  I meant to make a tutu, but ran out of time.  This year...it is on.

So how about you sign up for one this Spring or Summer!  They are going to be all over!
Check out this link for locations to sign up!  

Want to hear something else that is AWESOME...use this code below to save $5 off your sign up fee.  If you have a group of 4 or more you can create a "team".  When you do that you already save $5 off sign up.  You can use the code and save a total of $10!!  This code is ONLY good for cities that aren't sold out....so sign up FAST!

  

Hope to see you at a run!!!

Disclaimer: I  was given a free entrance into the next Color Run for writing of this article.  I am under no obligation to write a positive review and the expressed thoughts are uniquely my own. Please feel free to contact me at thehouseofboysandagirl@gmail.com with any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment