Monday, June 24, 2013

Vitacost ARO Black Series...a product review

When I started my twelve week fitness program, I was hooked up with many different bloggers.  One of them had an AMAZING connection to Vitacost and let us know about a new product line opportunity.  Lots of us pounced on it and I was chosen!

What did I get to try you ask?  The new Vitacost ARO Black Series line of powdered  supplements.
The complete line.


Their tag line is "Get ripped.  Don't get ripped off."  The prices are reasonable and I must say, the flavors are delicious.  

There are three different "groups:
Attack:  "Hit the gym. Then beat it to a pulp."  
Recover: "More gain,ease pain."
Optimize:  "Be your best self, in and out of the gym."

I have used about 1/2 of these.  The ones I have not tried, but I have smelled and they smell great, are Casein, Creatine, and Amino plus.



The Casein I received was Chocolate.  Since I got the Whey Protein powder, I have been using that one.  

The Creatine I received was Blue Razz.  It is designed to "enhance muscle performance during high-intensity exercise.*"  I heard that creatine can cause some water weight gain.  I didn't like the sound of that.  Knowing me I will get discouraged if the numbers rise, so I am holding off on this one.  Maybe once the numbers start going lower...a lot lower, I will try it out!

The last one I have yet to try just tried was the Amino Plus.  I have no clue why I haven't used it before! Helps to maintain performance*...SURE!  Help maintain lean muscle mass*...SURE!  Help support muscle tissue against breakdown*...WHY NOT!  It was okay tasting.  I am not a huge lemon/lime fan.  Rather sweet, but ok.  

One thing I really love about these items are the little scoops.  Other supplements I have tried say to use a teaspoon.  But then you have to find one.  I really like how each tub came with the appropriate measuring scoop.


I used the Pre-workout concentrate every day, about 30 minutes before exercising.  I heard from some people that it could be hard to sleep if drank close to bedtime and how I should try a little bit before going for the entire scoop.  I used the entire scoop.  While it did help with my energy, I was fine without my morning coffee, I wasn't ramped up like I was led to believe I would be.  The flavor I received was pink lemonade.  I liked it!  Very tasty.

The Glutamine I received was Fruit Punch flavor.  With previous supplements I mixed my glutamine into my protein powder for an after workout shake.  This is not possible.  Who really wants a Peanut Butter/Chocolate/Fruit Punch shake?  So I have had to drink it separately.  According to the site the glutamine helps with: 
       Workout recovery support*
       Defends against stress and muscle fatigue*  
       Helps maintain nitrogen/ammonia balance for better muscle metabolism*  
       Helps maintain normal function of the entire gastrointestinal tract.* 

 It is a rather bright pink color.  It was really yummy!


My absolute favorite had to be the Whey Protein Complex.  It was peanut butter & chocolate flavor.  When mixed up it has a thickness to it.  It is like drinking a big glass of chocolate milk.  I could drink this all day.  Sooooo good.

Overall I really enjoyed trying out this line of products.  While I can't really attest to how much lean muscle mass I gained/lost/retained I can say that I had the energy to get through my workouts and enjoyed the flavors! 

If you want to sign up on VItacost click this link right here.  It is my referral link.  If you sign up through there and spend $30 or more, you get $10 off.  Then I get a $10 gift certificate!  It is a WIN/WIN!

Disclaimer: Vitacost provided me with free samples of these product to review.  I was under no obligation to write a positive review.  All pictures and opinions are my own.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.  This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Vitacoast! VERY health products, thanx for sharing!

    ReplyDelete