Monday, June 10, 2013

What do 22 feet, 3 strollers, and one chat room have in common?

My weekend.  When I was pregnant with V I was staying at home with the boys and going a bit crazy.  I didn't get to socialize with grownups that often, so when poor Eric got home I would go into crazy chatting mode.  I was driving him crazy.  So I did what thousands of other people do, I found a message board online.

I would kind of poke around and read a bit.  I finally joined up and started chatting.  I am so glad I did.  When I was pregnant I ended up getting gestational diabetes with her.  If you don't know what that is, it is a type of diabetes that you only get when pregnant.  It can be a good indication that you will get it in the future though.    

At the time I didn't know ANYONE with gestational diabetes that could help me through it.  I ended up meeting someone who had it, as well as someone who had Type 1 diabetes.  These two women helped me out more then they know.

Some people left the board and went to a board where it was ran by one of "us" so we were free to say what we wanted without having to mind our language.  It was nice.  Lots of us shared our lives with each other and started some pretty deep friendships. 

Before this past weekend I have met a fellow blogger, and one of these women, Holli from It's an Ordinary Blog. She came through the area and we hung out a bit.  It was amazing.  

V and Charlotte.  V did NOT like sharing her kitchen.  lol

 THEN I met up with two other women in July.   My friend Jaime in NY (whom I previously booked a Disney trip with...our families went at the same time)  
 
V is on the left, Abby on the right.  I made them matching dresses.

and my friend Jess the Canadian.  I enjoy calling her that.    Jaime was nice enough to host us for the Fourth last year.  It was a FABULOUS trip, other than Jaime having a klepto ghost that is.
   
Getting 5 kids to cooperate is not an easy task.  


So, some of my other friends and I were talking.  We decided that we need to do an annual get together.  I have had the pleasure of knowing these ladies for right around 3 years at this point.  This past weekend I had the honor of hosting the first get together.  I had women from Tennessee, Kentucky, and Georgia in my house.

I tried to keep Graham from Tennessee.  He told me that he loved me "so much".  I almost melted.  For some reason his mom wanted him back.  I have no idea why.  haha

Anyway.  These lovey ladies came to my house and we had a blast.  IKEA not once, but twice, Red Lobster lunch with Cheddar Bay Biscuits a plenty, and the Asheboro Zoo.  If you haven't been to that zoo and you are local, you should really check it out.  Such a nice, but long, walk.  Lots of trees galore.

Here are some of my favorite shots from the trip.

My Wild Men

The Gang.

Cool Kids get facepaint

CHEESE!

Nate decided at this point that he HAD to impersonate every statue.  EVERY.SINGLE.ONE.

Aidan.  Who hates getting his picture taken.


I am super excited.  Next year I get to go to Alabama!  I have never been there.  Apparently I suppose to say "ROLL TIDE!"


So have you ever met up with any people that you met online, in a non-dating way?  Are you guys still friends?  I would love to hear your stories!

Being a member of an online community was one of the greatest things I have done.  I wouldn't trade those women for the world.

3 comments:

  1. I had an amazing time this weekend visiting with you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always feel weird admitting that some of my most treasured friendships to date started in an online forum when I was pregnant with C but it's true. Hopefully next time we get the girls together, V and C will have a happier, smiling photo together. Much love to you, my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this post because it reminds me that a lot of good came from that board.

    ReplyDelete