Thursday, July 18, 2013

Infestations

This morning I woke up to an infestation.  They seem to be sweeping the lands lately.  I hear there is really no known cure.  I pray you don't get infested as well.  What is this an infestation of you ask?

EARWORMS

Though they are not deadly, not poisonous, they can't hurt you in any way (other than being incredibly annoying)  According to Spongebob Squarepants, they look like this:



GASP!   

Basically it is a catchy song that repeats in your head OVER and OVER again.  They say the only way to get rid of it is to replace it with another. 

So.  This morning I woke up with a song stuck in my head.  While it makes me feel fabulous and want to dance around in a cocktail dress, it is getting rather annoying at this point.  What song is it, you ask.  

The Girl from Ipanema

This is annoying on two levels.  
  • One.  I wasn't even born at the point it was released (1964)  At least my earworm could be current.   
  • Two.  I don't know all the words.  She kind of whispers and mumbles.  I know the girl is dark and lovely, a guy smiles at her and she walks by without seeing him.  Oh...and she is tan.
So.  My plan today is to get the song stuck in your head and maybe you can leave a comment of your earworm and we can trade!




Now.  Go dance around with a cocktail dress on and sing.

1 comment:

  1. Down in New Orleans from the Princess and the Frog Disney movie!

    ReplyDelete