Monday, July 15, 2013

Longest summer EVER

I love my kids.  I love my life.  I love my husband.  But my goodness.  This has to be the longest summer ever.
 
With three kiddos all at home and living on one income (minus what I get from my shop online and at market/craft shows) it gets tough.  We can't afford to send the kids to camp all summer.  Have you SEEN the cost of summer camp?  Aidan went to one last week and we got it at a discount.  Four days for $115.  CRAZY.  He had a blast though!  YAY SCIENCE CAMP!

I try to keep my cool and stay calm.  I HATE yelling.   We run around.  Last week we went to the Science museum, (My mom got us a yearly membership for Christmas) but you can't do that every day.

So...we try to make due at the house. This past week it rained and rained and rained.  I am also in works of trying to get my craft room done.  So I have stuff to do in the house and three VERY bored kiddos running around.  Did I mention barking dogs?  UGH.  Anyone want a couple of senior dogs who like to bark...a lot?  (Just kidding.  I love them...for now)

Do any of you have any QUIET ideas of things we can do in the house this summer?  I would love to hear them!

Did you hear that the Twinkie is coming back??  Tomorrow we are trying out a homemade Twinkie recipe.  That should keep the kiddos entertained for about 5 minutes.  lol

Some days I just feel like a flop of a mom.  It seems like there is no appeasing the beasts.  

I feel like an inexperienced sheep herder.  Running this way and that way trying to keep the kids corralled and not lost.  I know it is a fleeting thing and everyday isn't like this, but my goodness....when does school start again?

The rambling of this post...yeah....they did that to me today.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment