Friday, August 30, 2013

Woolzies Dryer Balls

If you know me, you know I have a crunchy side.  What you may not know is that I have rather sensitive skin.  I have to be really careful about what I use when I wash and dry my clothes.  I don't mind, but I am PRETTY sure my husband is sick of me making him scratch my back.

I started using wool dryer balls a few years ago and even made some.  The thing is, they take a lot of time to make them.  Time is most definitely what I do not have right now with three kiddos and craft season about to kick into full swing.

Enter....

 Woolzies Dryer Balls are 100% Handmade Wool Dryer balls that are to be used in place of dryer sheets and fabric softeners!  Dryer sheets are full of nasty chemicals that reduce the absorbancy of towels, destroy the flame retardant qualities of pajamas, and they are just all around toxic to the environment.


 Each box of Woolzies come with 6 balls inside.  As you can see, the balls are a bit wonky shaped.  Proof of handmade! 

Another cool thing is that this box is GUARANTEED to last 1,000 loads!  Now...being in a house with 5 people I do about a load a day....or I should.  That means...365 loads of laundry a year. (Without counting sheets and towels)  So this box SHOULD last me almost 3 years.  Currently they retail for $34.95 per box of six and shipping is free to anywhere in the US (including Alaska and Hawaii)  Elsewhere in the world shipping is $6.95.


Have a wool allergy?  Don't worry! According to their handy dandy info sheet that comes in the box it says that since the wool is not directly touching your skin and and to that the fact that wool doesn't shed, you should be fine.  If you are too freaked out about it, use something to pick them up to throw them into the dryer.  Wool, when wet and agitated, actually felts, so if anything...the balls will get tighter.

The balls actually bounce around while in your dryer and help to "fluff up" the clothing.  This creates more airspace and can help your clothing to dry 25%-30% faster!

They do come unscented, but tell you on the info sheet that you can add some essential oils to the dryer balls and they will add scent to your clothing.   I know I don't mind my clothing not smelling "springtime fresh" since I know chemicals create that scent, but if you NEED a scent you can make your clothing smell exactly what you would like it to!

Want some more info or find out where to get some?  Follow these links:


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review, I have been really interested in trying these!

    ReplyDelete