Monday, September 9, 2013

"Princess Ruby's Make-up Ballet Class" Kindle Book Review

V has just started ballet, be still my heart, and because of this I JUMPED at the chance to review "Princess Ruby's Make-up Ballet Class" for the Kindle.


My mom just bought the kiddos a Kindle Fire for school so this was PERFECT timing. You don't need a Kindle either!  You can access this book anywhere you can read a Kindle book.  I have the Kindle app on my iPhone and I also had the app on my laptop. 

So let's get too it.  The book is about a Princess named Ruby who misses her dance class due to the Royal Carriage breaking down.  The Queen sends a letter to the class saying she can't make it and she is informed that there is a makeup class the next day Ruby can attend.

Ruby gets very nervous about the class, but thinks of her favorite dancer and knows she must push through her fears and go.

The story is about being brave despite your fears and being strong.  Even though Ruby was scared, she still went, learned more dances, met new people, and had a great time.  I think we all could use Ruby's courage at some point.

The book has a glossary in the back which explains what the dance moves are.  I think this was a great addition!  I grew up in ballet and knew what they were, but not everyone did.

I think the story line was a bit too advanced for V, since she is still only two, but she loved looking through and seeing the Princess and her ballet class.  This is definitely a book that I will keep on my Kindle and look at again and again with her.

You can purchase the book yourself from Amazon at this link right here.  It currently retails for $2.99.  When you purchase the book you also get a link for an audio copy of the book so the little ones can "read" it themselves (and you can learn how to pronounce the moves!)

All in all, a good book for the kiddos.  I am thinking this would be a great book for ages 5 and up to really sit through and listen to!   For children under that, I would still think they would like the pictures (and the audiobook), but the story line might be a bit over their head at this point.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment