Monday, October 21, 2013

It's the little things...

Every day in this crazy house of mine I try to think of things to do that can "improve" things.  Things I can do for my kids to help them out.  Things that can make them happy. How to knock out some bills to make more cash flow come into the house so we have  more free cash and more time with Eric at home. (hahahaha....bills...)

Then we go to dance class.

This week at dance it is "Halloween" week so everyone is suppose to come in their costumes.  Cute right? (Next week is officially Halloween, but they wanted to do the dress up week for everyone at the same time.  Teacher workday on Nov 1st=no school=no dance class)

So Nate and I head to dance class and he has on his costume.  I would post a picture, but I don't want to ruin the costume pictures for next week!

So anyway.  Nate goes in the room happy as can be.  Other kids come walking in and they are dressed up.  Happy as can be.  Then the little girl gets to the door, looks in, sees the other kids dressed up, BURST into tears, and the mom ushers her into the room and then she sits in the lobby.

My heart broke.  This happened a few times tonight.  

Now...I understand that people forget.  This is 10 days before Halloween.  So, it is a bit in advance.  I get that.  What I DON'T get is the moms being like "oh well" in the lobby after they dropped them off.  I would feel like total poo if I just caused that.  One mom did run to the Family Dollar and buy a tiara for a crying girl. That mom was AWESOME.  The little girl was no longer a ballet student.  She was a ballet princess and everything was perfect.

I mean, it really is the littlest things that can cause the biggest impact in our kids world.  I always try to not say " I don't care" or "It doesn't matter".  It may not seem like a big thing to you, but to a kid it can be huge.

I don't want you to get the idea that I am the greatest mom ever, or that I think I am.  Half the time I think I am kinda cruising though and half assing it.(especially the "house wife" part.  I am NOT a good cleaner)  I just think that if we took a moment every now and then to do/remember to do what we think are "little things" we can have a huge impact on our kids.  

1 comment:

  1. It makes me sad when I see the same parents over and over who continually choose not to participate in the little "parties" they have at Audriana's daycare. They do it when atleast one parent can attend. Totally different scenario but yaaa know.

    ReplyDelete