Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Holiday Specs...A Holiday Gift Guide review!

I live VERY close to Christmas Town, USA. What is that, you ask?  McAdneville, NC.  When I was about 20years old, I lived so close that the only way to EASILY get to the interstate is to drive straight through it. Most of the year that was fine.  Come November....let's just say you can't just "cut through" the center of town.  The entire area becomes one way and it will take you about an hour to drive through on a busy night.  For the past 58 years the entire town gets lit up for the season.

I remember one year, I was maybe 8, we drove down from Hickory to see the lights.   I fell asleep in the car and my mom woke me up.  I remember thinking that it was the most BEAUTIFUL town I have ever seen.  Every house, and I mean EVERY house, is lit up.  The city pays for the power that month (or so I have been told). The city decorates the entire town.

I absolutely LOVE driving around and looking at the lights.  I MAY or may not have started the kids screaming "CHRISTMAS LIIIIIIGHTS!!!" every time they see them.  You can't prove I did.  

I have never been able to sucker convince Eric to go to McAdenville. I think this is the year though...I have FINALLY convinced him AND I got something to keep the kids excited the entire car ride....Holiday Specs.

Now. I know what you are thinking. "Hey Sarah. Those look like 3-D glasses!" You are spot on. They are.  But they aren't "traditional" 3-D glasses. More on that in a minute. I have to keep the suspense going!

Something that I find awesome about these glasses is that they come in the traditional form AND they come on a stick.  What is that good for you ask? Have you ever tried to wear 3-D glasses when you wear normal glasses?  No?  Let me tell you, it is NOT fun. I don't wear glasses, but my favorite men in my life do. (Eric and both boys)  With the glasses on a stick they can just hold them up to their faces and they don't have to worry about them staying on over their glasses!!

You can see V modeling that here:
 

 She is always fully accessorized.  lol


Now, I mentioned before that these aren't "traditional" 3-D glasses.  Here is why.  Here you see your light on a string.  (I haven't pulled our Christmas lights down yet. You get purple Halloween lights)

Normal, everyday lights.



Now, let's hold a pair of rainbow glasses up to it. The next pictures are taken with my camera with the glasses held up against the camera lens.  In real life this looks about 100 times more amazing.
 

INSANE, right?  What's that? You like snowflakes?



 How about some snowmen?

 I tried and tried to get a picture of the Santa ones.  My camera was not allowing it.  It did not want to focus properly.  

Holiday Specs are INCREDIBLY priced. The paper ones you get 4 in a package.   You get one of each: Snowflake, Santa, Snowman, and Reindeer.  You can order them here for $22.47.  That is three packs of 4, so 12 pairs total.  It breaks down to $1.87 each. 

The more sturdy plastic ones are $4 each and can be ordered here. If you, or your family members, wear prescription glasses I really do recommend these.  It makes life SO much easier.

So, this holiday season grab yourself a pair of Holiday Specs and see the lights in an entirely new way!!!


Breaking News!! Come back here November 29th for a GIVEAWAY!!!! 


a Rafflecopter giveaway

I was given these Holiday Specs in order to facilitate the review. All pictures and thoughts are my own. Ho ho ho!

7 comments:

  1. I love the little reindeer! too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the ornaments ones wold be fun @ Christmas dinner Rosanne rosans4@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the reindeer ones my kiddos would have a blast with them

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the gingerbread man. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Gingerbread Man 3D Glasses the most!

    Geoff K
    gkaufmanss at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorites are the snowmen and the Christmas tree. These are so cute!
    vikki.billings@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete