Sunday, November 24, 2013

November 24th,2011

Yep, sure thing, the title is correct.  November 24th, 2011 was Thanksgiving Day.  Know how I know that?  That was the day I pulled the turkey out of the oven, sat down to eat, and heard a weird clicking sound from the living room.  What was that? Nate having a seizure.  It was his tongue clicking.  He was asleep on the couch when that happened.

Eric rushed over, checked him out, I called 911.  Eric held him until the paramedics got here.  I cried hysterically on the phone.

I rode in the ambulance to the hospital with him.  It was probably the most heart wrenching thing to do, ever. Before we left, after he was strapped in on the stretcher, he started crying.  I asked him what was wrong.  He started crying and saying "Don't leave me mommy. Don't leave me."  UGH.  Just writing that makes me cry.  I told him I never will and I won't.  When he gets married one day THAT will be interesting.  I don't care.  I was here first.  lol

TODAY, November 24th 2013 marks TWO YEARS since his last seizure.  TWO years!!!  We have had countless appointments, EEG's (sleeping and 24 hours), psychologist appointments, IQ tests, medication changes, and basically me being a nutball over EVERYTHING.

We still have a long way to go.  In January we have a sleep deprived EEG and if we pass that a 24 hour EEG. If we pass that....we start weaning from the meds!!  We tried that earlier this year and Nate failed the sleep deprived test.  You know what though?   I am ok with this. So far his seizures are controlled by his medication.  If we get OFF the meds he has a FIFTY percent chance of having a seizure within the first 6 months.  I am totally not ready to handle that.

So today I celebrate my Natey Naters and his past two years.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY NATE!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. How terrifying. I hope his streak just keeps on going!!

    ReplyDelete