Thursday, December 26, 2013

Organic Matcha- Green Tea Powder by KissMe Organics Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

 
I love tea.  I love hot tea. I love iced tea. I recently found a box of mango tea in the back of my cabinet. I loved that. One type of tea that I never really got into was green tea. I have had green tea gum, that was good.  But plain green tea was never my thing.

Through Tomoson I had the opportunity to review some Organic Matcha-Green Tea Powder.  I thought I would give it a shot.  I mean, free is free, what would it hurt?  So I applied and got approved!

A few bits of info for you: (supplied by the company)

  • Macha provides 4 to 6 hours of steady energy (it is both a stimulant and relaxant)
  • Metabolism boosting:  Consuming matcha green tea can increase thermogenesis (the body's own rate of burning calories) from a normal 8%-10% of daily energy expenditure, to between 35% and 43% of daily energy expediture 
  • Scientists have discovered that Matcha Green Tea helps protect the skin from harmful UVrays, while improving blood flow and oxygen levels lifting the overall quality of the skin.
  • Antioxidant rich137x The antioxidants of brewed green tea
That is all fine and dandy, but how does it taste, you ask.  Surprisingly good!  This product is good for baking, making lattes, and smoothies.  I decided to go the latte route. First thing I noticed when I opened it was that it was VERY green and a very fine powder.  Watch out when you open it!


Macha-Green Tea Latte:
Ingredients:
1 teaspoon green tea powder
1/3 cup warm-hot, but not boiling,water
8 oz warm, but not boiling, milk or milk substitute
OPTIONAL: 1 teaspoon sugar or sugar substitute (I did not use it)
OPTIONAL: milk for frothing

Directions:

  1. Whisk green tea powder and water in a small bowl until dissolved and the top starts to foam.
  2. Add sweetener, if using.
  3. Add warm milk to the top of the cup. 
  4. For a frothier drink use a milk frother first or mix in blender.


It ended up being a weird pale green color, but was rather tasty!  I am a green tea convert!

For more recipes head over to this page below and check out their recipe booklet full of tons of recipes to try!



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment