Saturday, March 1, 2014

LEGO® KidsFest!!! We came, we saw, we built.

**VERY photo heavy post ahead. Proceed with caution.

When I first heard about the LEGO® KidsFest, I wasn't going to go. It was about a three-four hour drive depending on traffic. I would have to pull the boys out of school early on Friday since my tickets would be for the 28th. It was 4:00-8:30pm.   I just wasn't sure I wanted to do that.  

Let me tell you something though.  I am SO glad I did.  

I grabbed the boys at school at 11am because that was the time I THOUGHT you could pick them up and they were counted as present all day. Nope....it is 11:30am.  The lady in the office said she could count it as excused IF it was for a valid reason.  I claimed "educational trip". It worked.  We agreed building was a totally educational experience.  Threw the kids in the car, ran home, had lunch, threw them back in the car, and left.

LEGO® KidsFest opened at 4pm and after bathroom breaks and traffic we officially got in the building at about 4:45pm.

There is an AWESOME overlook where you can checkout the whole floor. IT WAS HUGE. I had no clue it would be this large.   Good thing I had comfy shoes on!



When you first walk in there are HUGE displays. I mean HUGE. This wall down here..made on a tiny board with little flat Legos.  AMAZING.


See Cinderella here?


V went to her HIP. Her HIP.



See Lightening McQueen here?   Kids SAT on him. Which is a big no-no. Please follow the rules and keep your children OFF the displays.  There are signs all over there!  Parents STILL flopped there kids on top of stuff.(and were told to remove the kids)


 I AM YOUR FATHA!!!
I was really hard to get pictures of some of these. If you want good pictures wait until the end when everyone is rushing to the checkouts OR make exasperated sighs and people will grab their kids for a second.  Make sure to say thank you though!


 ROAR!!!!

See that zebra in the background?  That was the main "Let's stick our kid up here and get yelled at" display.

There were many different areas to get lost in.  We started at one side and worked our way around a bit.  V enjoyed playing in the Duplo area.  There was LITERALLY a huge pile of bricks on the floor. You just walked on them. Seriously.    It was insane. V LOVED it,but was VERY careful.


There were also many displays in cases around the building.  This was V's favorite.   Just bunches of animals.


Next to the Duplo area is a "build you own car"area.  This was Aidan's favorite part.  We actually came here twice. This right here has to be the BEST picture I have ever taken of V and Nate.  Be warned. I am blowing it up HUGE.  Their faces are priceless.


 LOL. They are crazy.  At this point we were getting hungry and headed to the food area.  They had one booth with typical fried stuff: pizza ($8 and TINY), hot dogs, chicken tenders, fries.  THEN Whole Foods was there.  That line is short and where I ate.  I got a large fruit cup ($5), a chicken salad box ($7), and a pink lemonade bottle ($3).

There are NO water fountains on the floor.  People sell bottled water in there for $3.  If I could do it again, I would eat BEFORE I get there. There seriously is a TON to do and we just had 3 1/2 hours.  If I have the entire time with no food breaks I feel like I could have seen it all, but the food lines are long.  There are plenty of tables.I managed to snag an entire table for our group.

Next to where we sat there was a reading area. Nate just wanted to flip through the books and check everything out.  So proud of my guy!


The most impressive thing I saw there was the US map. They had tables and tables set up. You grabbed a green square and built what you wanted to, then, it got placed on the map where ever you requested.

Nate made a pool.


Aidan made a thing.  lol


Nate gave the guy the pool to place and V wanted to place something, so she picked up something off the table and handed it to the placer. Can you spot Nate's pool? V's thing is right next to it.


 There it is!!


Aidan's is here in Hawaii.  You can't really see it well.


Eric pointing it out to him.  It was rather flat.  There are lots of pokey buildings around it.


View as we were leaving.  These kids built some AMAZING pieces of art.  They truly were art.



Fun fact.  How do you clean up tons of Legos?  SNOW SHOVELS.



Not pictured is the Chima exhubit, hero building, Star Wars area, Lego Friends, Lego friends FREE photo booth (V and I went twice), merchandise area, and they toy shop area. They also had master builders and an entire aisle I have no clue what was on. I ran out of time.  FYI, Minifigs Series 10 on sale for $1.48 (I think)  Don't quote me.

Anyway, it was an AMAZING day and I will definitely be back next year if it comes around!

Make sure to follow LEGOKidsFest on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest for all the latest ticketing updates.   LEGO®  KidsFest has been selling out in prior cities!  You don't want to miss this if it comes around near you!



DATES & SESSIONS:

Friday, February 28
4 pm - 8:30 pm

Saturday, March 1
Session I: 9 am - 1:30 pm
Session II: 3 pm - 7:30 pm

Sunday, March 2
Session I: 9 am - 1:30 pm  SOLD OUT!
Session II: 3 pm - 7:30 pm SOLD OUT!

(Note: Each session offers the same exhibits and activities)

WHERE:
Raleigh Convention Center
500 South Salisbury Street
Raleigh, NC 27601

www.raleighconvention.com

*I have been given tickets through USFG in exchange for my review and promotion.  All excitement, thoughts, feelings,opinion, and general LEGO®  geeking out is totally my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment