I am pretty much a kitchen gadget junkie. Need a zester? Got it. Need a potato ricer? Got it. Need a garlic press? SURE! Need a cutting board? Would you like my board that is plasticy and has slices in it or the incredibly thick and heavy wooden one? True story.
When I saw that Bamboo Style was looking for some reviews on their three piece cutting board set, I couldn't be happier. Kitchen products + Ecofriendly = my heaven. Once they came in I whipped them out and quickly declared the white plastic beast as my chicken cutting board.
The boards come in three sizes and are about 5/8" thick. If you haven't even owned bamboo before, you might be surprised at the lightness of the boards. The first time I held a cutting board made from bamboo I actually sat there looking for seams. I didn't believe it was real wood.
The boards are rather smooth and really pretty to look at. I don't feel the need to hide them inside a drawer!
A few bullet points from the vendor:
- Extra Thick for Durability
- 15% Stronger than Maple and 33% Lighter than Oak
- Easy to Clean & Maintain
- Natural Bamboo with No Dyes or Colors
- FSC Certified - To Ensure Sustainable and Ethical Harvesting
- Doesn't Dull Knives
- Socially Responsible - 100% Renewable Resource
- Free of Fertilizers and Pesticides
- Anti-Bacterial Properties
If you are interested in checking them out for yourself follow this link right here: