Saturday, May 31, 2014

Bamboo cutting boards. I had no clue what I was missing!

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

I am pretty much a kitchen gadget junkie. Need a zester? Got it. Need a potato ricer?  Got it.  Need a garlic press?  SURE!  Need a cutting board? Would you like my board that is plasticy and has slices in it or the incredibly thick and heavy wooden one?  True story.

When I saw that Bamboo Style was looking for some reviews on their three piece cutting board set, I couldn't be happier. Kitchen products + Ecofriendly = my heaven.  Once they came in I whipped them out and quickly declared the white plastic beast as my chicken cutting board.



The boards come in three sizes and are about 5/8" thick.  If you haven't even owned bamboo before, you might be surprised at the lightness of the boards.  The first time I held a cutting board made from bamboo I actually sat there looking for seams.  I didn't believe it was real wood.

The boards are rather smooth and really pretty to look at.  I don't feel the need to hide them inside a drawer!

A few bullet points from the vendor:
  • Extra Thick for Durability
  • 15% Stronger than Maple and 33% Lighter than Oak
  • Easy to Clean & Maintain
  • Natural Bamboo with No Dyes or Colors
  • FSC Certified - To Ensure Sustainable and Ethical Harvesting
  • Doesn't Dull Knives
  • Socially Responsible - 100% Renewable Resource
  • Free of Fertilizers and Pesticides
  • Anti-Bacterial Properties

So far, I have only used these for a few weeks, but can say that I love them!   Really easy to maintain. Just a quick wash in the sink and you are done! Since they are so light, I can even have my kids help with the clean up!  So far, so good!



If you are interested in checking them out for yourself follow this link right here: 


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment