Thursday, May 22, 2014

Rush Hour Jr. Game Review.....Spoiler: It is a blast!

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.


You may remember when I did a review for Zingo! Sight Words.  If you do, you remember how much we loved it.  If not, click that little link there. I saw that ThinkFun was looking for some more reviews and did a happy dance.  I LOVE their games.  Not only are they fun, they make you think.  I guess they have a pretty much perfect company name!

I got approved to do a review for Rush Hour Jr. and LOVE it.  The version I got is for ages 5 and up, BUT there is also an adult version! I might need to get that. 

It was a bit tricky to figure out from the directions-could have been my horrible sleep the past few nights, but once I looked at the solution on the back of one of the cards, it clicked. So here goes...pictures for you to enjoy!

For $19.99 you get the game board (the black thing in the picture), a deck of cards with 40 different problem solving games on it, 15 different blocking cars, a white ice cream truck, and a travel bag.


The cars have amazing details!  Look at the little dog in the pickup truck! (FYI-I don't condone throwing your dog in the back of a truck unsecured. In a plastic truck-yes)


Everything stores nicely in the travel bag!
 

I set up the first game card, read the directions, and was stumped.  It said you could move the cars forwards and backwards like normal cars with the goal of getting the white ice cream truck off the grid through the exit (cut out spot on the side) .  You can't move the cars sideways.  For some odd reason this REALLY stumped me. lol


I flipped over the card and looked at the solution and then it clicked.  You have to make MANY moves for it to work.  As you can see, this card takes six moves. I told you...I am really sleep deprived lately. lol
 

I let Nate do this card (he is 6) and he figured it out.  It took him a little bit, but he was able to do it by himself. V played with the other cars while wearing a tutu and yelling "BEEP BEEP!!"




When Aidan got home he was super excited to try this out.  I have had it sitting on the counter waiting for a good time to pull it out.  He flew through the easy, medium, and hard. He CLAIMS that he did the super hard card that I wasn't able to figure out. Of course it was when I walked away.  He could not recreate it....so I don't believe him. lol


If you are looking for ways to keep the kiddos entertained while working their brains (and yourself as well) head over to ThinkFun and snag this game or one of their many other games!

Want some more reading? Here is a link to my Amazon review of the game!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

8 comments:

  1. I actually remember this game! It's a LOT of fun and really great for learning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like a fun game. My oldest is not quite 5 yet though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've playd a similar game like this online and got so into it. I've heard others say this game keeps their kids entertained for so long. Would be great to take camping in case in rains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would! Or even the summer time when it gets insanely hot outside!

      Delete
  4. My son is too young to understand this but I think I want it for myself!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is super fun! I was playing it before the kids did. lol. There is an adult version. The "Super Hard" level on this is tricky, but other than that level it isn't that tricky.

      Delete
  5. This looks like a lot of fun. I think that my little boy would have a blast with this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love puzzle games like this! It seems like a great kids' game.

    ReplyDelete