Friday, May 23, 2014

SuperSwizz Spiral Slicer...REVIEW!

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial. 

Like most people (vegetarians and vegans excluded of course), I feel that I don't eat enough veggies.  When I did the 21 Day Quantum Wellness Cleanse a while ago I felt AWESOME.  I really would love to do it again and just might once school is out for the summer!

Lately, I have been given some pretty cool items to review.  One of the latest items was a SuperSwizz Spiral Slicer.


SuperSwizz is a spiral slicer that you use like a pencil sharpener. Seriously.  You put the food in one end (there are two different thicknesses to choose from:  2x3 mm and 3.5x5 mm), and you twirl it JUST LIKE A PENCIL.  The blades are sturdy Japanese blades and made from Stainless steel. 


Neat,huh?  I had some issues with my carrots.  They weren't really fat carrots and therefore hard to twirl in there.  The blades are along the sides,which are at an angle.  So,if the vegetable isn't wide enough, you have to do some odd holding to get it to cut. Also, I noticed that the carrot stained the inside of the plastic a bit. Kind of like how tomatoes stain plastic.



I tried a cucumber and it worked MUCH BETTER. I am guessing this would be amazing for zucchini and other similar vegetables!
 

In the center of the SuperSwizz is a hole.  The very center of the veggie will NOT get cut with the blades which keeps the seeds out!  AWESOME.  I just kept a knife next to me and sliced off the end when it got really long.
 

The SuperSwizz comes with a cleaning brush and is dishwasher safe.  I would put it on the top rack just to play it safe.  

On one side is a detachable pushing plate with little nubs that helps you hold onto the food when it gets really low. Honestly, I found that a bit tricky to use.  I didn't use it. I just ate the carrots when it got too low.

One warning I do have, the blades are VERY sharp and very easy to get to with tiny fingers.  Make sure you keep away from little fingers!

Look at my salad I made!  My friends were impressed that the "noodles" were actually cucumbers.  It felt really good making something that was fun to eat as well as healthy!  I might try to see what else I can "noodle up!"

Cucumber, carrots, avocado,green onions, dressing

If you are interested in trying out one for yourself you can run over here to Amazon and pick one up! You can also read my review on Amazon right HERE.

  I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment