Wednesday, May 28, 2014

What's Cookin' Wednesday!

I am pretty much one lucky girl. The hubby does the main grocery shopping every week. Why, you ask? He buys generic, I am picky.  Basically it saves money for him to shop. I am not complaining though. I hate going with the girl because I end up with $20 worth of things we don't need. Eric goes at night after bedtime.

Since we make menu lists and shop by those, I thought it would be a fun thing to list my meal plan in "What's Cookin' Wednesday!"

Hopefully I can inspire some people to try a new recipe or two! (Also, to keep me on track and not wanting Chinese every night)  I think having a plan really simplifies the week and takes some of the stress out of dinner time! No rushing and scrambling at 5pm to figure out what to make.

Feel free to link up your meal plan in the comments if you write one on your blog or tell me your favorite go-to meal!

Few things about this list.  I try to make things that make leftovers during the week so Eric has lunch for work.  Also, before you ask, NO. My kids don't eat this. Try as I might, I have the worlds pickiest kids.  Our house revolves around: turkey dogs, cheese sandwiches, and spaghetti.

Wednesday: Southwestern Chopped Chicken Salad  I have made this before.  It is REALLY good.  You should try it.

ThursdayCurried-Chicken and Vegetable Pan Roast  I have a slight obsession with roasted  brussel sprouts.

Friday: Pesto Pasta with Chicken Sausage & Roasted Brusells Sprouts

Saturday: Zesty Lime Shrimp with Avocado Salad & Fiesta Lime Rice  The shrimp salad is a new recipe, but the lime rice I have made before. SO yummy!

Sunday: Warm Citrusy Millet Salad with Roasted Fennel and Kalamata Olives  Again, another new recipe. If you have never had fennel, it kind of has a licorice taste to it, which I LOVE.

Monday: Lemon Dill Chicken I love lemon, I love dill. Sounds good, no?

Tuesday:  Tuesday night Nate has therapy from 4-5:30. Then dance from 6:30-7:15. TOTALLY a drive through night!

I'll let you guys know how the recipes are after I make them!  Swing back throughout the week for updates!

1 comment: