Tuesday, June 10, 2014

LOOT Crate Subscription Box Review

About 95% of my time online when I am "shopping" is spent looking for stuff for the kids. Whether they need new backpack (they do), need birthday gifts (3 times a year), or just trying to find things that will occupy them enough this summer that I will not go insane.

The other 5% of the time is all about me, Eric, or the dogs.  I know I have mentioned it before, but shopping for Eric is HARD.  He isn't the typical dad that you would buy a tie for and call it a day.  Eric's job doesn't require a tie, so unless it is one of the two or three times a YEAR we get to go out, he isn't wearing one. Even then, he probably won't have one on.

About 5 times a year (Valentine's Day, Father's Day, his birthday, our Anniversary, and Christmas) I freak out about what to get him.  This year for Father's Day, I hit the nail on the head.  Enter....LOOT Crate!

Loot Crate is a monthly box for "geeks and gamers".  The starting price is $13.37/month plus $6 shipping.  So, about one grande latte a week.  Each box contains a $40+ retail value. Prices can vary depending on the plan you get. If you order a 3 month subscription you end up paying $12.37 plus shipping/month.  If you get a 6 month plan it breaks down to $11.37 plus shipping/month.

Let's break this box open and see what is inside.
 

It amazes me how much stuff can be packed in one box!
 

 Here's a well laid out picture of this months box from the website.  Every month is a different "theme"  This month was adventure!

First thing I grabbed was Gunter. I LOVE Gunter.  I might love Adventure Time more than my kids.
 The character will vary by box.  There are 12 different ones you have the chance of getting.  Pretty sure Eric will be happy with any of these.  Who am I kidding....I am going to totally steal whatever one is actually inside.  So, I will be happy with any.  Eric hasn't actually SEEN the box yet and has no clue I got one.  I'll Instagram pictures on Sunday of what it looks like out of the box!
 The next item I gravitated to was the shirt that was rolled up nicely in the front. To be honest,I was a bit worried about the shirt. The box is only $13.37. How nice of a shirt could it be, you know?
Buy the box if only for the shirt.  Items will vary per month and it looks like shirts aren't in EVERY box, but this shirt is NICE.  It is SO soft.  I got it in Eric's size and I am sort of kicking myself now.  I want it!  I LOVE Zelda!

 My kids are just now getting into Minecraft and I can see this being coveted by them. They go to a uniform school and can't do anything outside of the traditional uniforms BUT they can put things on their backpacks. Pretty sure I am going to have to go out and buy another one of these so they both have one. Again, check out my Instagram for a picture on Sunday!

Next up a bottle opener Zelda keychain.  "It's Dangerous to go alone.  Take this!"  Totally necessary to have and it IS dangerous to open bottles without an opener. Not that I bruised my hand bone once doing that or anything.

Also included is a cute pin. I could see myself collecting these.  I like putting pins on my camera bag strap.

In the VERY bottom of the box were two sticker sheets and some tattoos.  Eric already has plenty of tattoos, so these will probably get passed down to the kids. Cute assortment though!


Last but not least, a CD! It is fun to get new things to listen to in the car!

  
That totally is a TON of loot for one box and well worth the investment.  Like I said before, I would totally pay $13.37 just for the shirt.

This is a subscription service, so the boxes get sent out once a month.  You can head over here to PAST CRATES to see, obviosuly, the past crates. If you want to sign up there IS a code this month. Use the code JUNELOOT to save $3 off June's box.  The theme is "Transform" I am guessing it might be "More than meets the eye!"

Totally excited to give this to Eric this Father's Day.  If you want to give it to a dad in your life, why not order it and make up a cool card saying that it is on it's way!

I received a box for review purposes, but all opinions are totally my own.  So are all covetings of Eric's awesome box and jealousy that the shirt won't fit me.



4 comments:

  1. coolest subscription box EVER I think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW!!! I mean, how can you beat Zelda and Adventure Time in the SAME BOX

      Delete