Monday, June 23, 2014

LumenX Bike Light Review! (Or, what I gave Eric for Father's Day)

Before kiddos, Eric and I had fun, lazy mornings. He would go to the park and play disc golf, or maybe ride his bike. I slept and drank coffee.  It was glorious.  Once kids came into the picture, mornings were not lazy times any more. Any meal time now equals insanity.

When we moved into our house a few years ago we noticed that across the road is a nature preserve that links up to a huge park. That preserve has a gravel road and has been calling to Eric for years.  Finally now, the kids are a bit more self reliant and not as daunting to deal with first thing in the morning. This means that Eric gets to start biking again!

I know what you are thinking.  "Sarah.  Why didn't you let him go before?"  To which I will reply, "Three kids that need help with everything+ non-morning person mom = no fun"  So there ya have it. I didn't let him go because I hate mornings.

 Now the kids sleep a tiny bit later and Eric can jump on his bike and go!  One thing I never was too thrilled with was him biking in the dark.First thing in the morning is a great time to ride, but on the trails it gets a bit dark. I want to know that Eric is safe and will make it back in one piece. I also wanted to make sure that cars see him! (He has to ride across the street to get to the trail.)  The solution: LumenX Bike Light

The very first thing I noticed when I opened the box was the back light. The red definitely stands out against all the black.
Turned it on and it was super bright. You push the center of the light to turn it on.  It has a few different settings that you can see below.



Another awesome thing about this light set, is that the main light can be taken out of the holder and it is a flashlight! It grips well into the clamp, but can easily slide out if necessary.  It even comes with a handy wrist strap!

The light was super easy for Eric to install on his bike.

The rear light has an elastic band that just looped around and hooked on itself.

Overall, I am super happy with this set.  Not only can Eric ride now and be safe, I also feel comfortable knowing that he can be seen.  It has LED lights that are shockproof, they can shine up to 500 feet to illuminate your path, the cases are made from a military grade alluminum, AND it has a flexible silicone water resistant body!

The ONLY thing that I wish it came with was batteries.  The small rear light does. The main light requires AAA batteries.

You can check them out at this following link:


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment