Monday, July 28, 2014

Do you do art with your kids?

I LOVE getting crafty with my munchkins. I have an ongoing project that we work on once a year.  We have a weird little short hallway in our house that I have deemed "The Art Hall". Every year I buy some canvases when they are on sale then hoard them until a crazy day where I really feel like doing nothing. Seriously.  This started out as my  "I am about to go crazy from hearing the TV and I just want some quiet" craft.  I still use it for that, but I really love it as well!

I have a huge collection of acrylic paints, so if you are like me and stocked,this will probably cost less than $10 and you have a lifetime memory.  I LOVE watching their paintings progress through out the years!

Now time for the obscene amount of pictures.


Hard at work:


 Finished products!!
BFF's. You may not be able to read it, BUT there is a "yes"pointing to Blue Toad and a "No"  and an "X" pointing to Yellow Toad.  Nate had to make sure you were aware of this. Blue Toad for lyfe!

 Aidan hard at work.

Aidan painted Nate playing with a red ball.Last year he painted Nate as well.  I think we can figure out who Aidan's best friend is!
 


V simply painted "Everything"


 Art hall!!! Completed for the year!  If you do this, make sure to label the back with what they name them and the date!  I think their names make the art!



4 comments:

  1. Painting is so relaxing! I'm not particularly good at it, but I love doing it and the kids do too. Crafting is a great way to bond and get the kids from in front of the tv for an hour or two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, such a goo idea. Who painted the cow?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea! My 6 YO loves the cow. She said it's perfect :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Srsly? I just love that you HUNG the art up when finished.
    I once took great care to cheaply frame their preschool art.. but at some point it was a flood of artwork and gave up... Your kids will totally appreciate this!

    ReplyDelete