Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Review of "Shell Game" by Think Fun!

I have reviewed a few games for Think Fun in the past. You can see my review of Rush Hour Jr. HERE and Zingo Sight Words HERE.

When I saw they wanted me to review the Shell Game I was SUPER excited!
For some reason I remember watching movies as a kid where the "hustler on the street" hides something under a cup, you watch the cup as he switches them around, and then you pick which cup the item is under.  The person playing NEVER gets it right, the coppers come, and everyone runs off.

This is essentially the same minus the mean streets of New York, hustlers, and cops.  

Seriously though.  SUPER fun.  You have 60 games, 6 hermit crabs, 6 sea shells, and 3 rocks. 

When you first set up the game, it tells you along the top of the board how to set it up.  Here the hermit crab starts on the left and three rocks are next to it.  The goal is to make the board look like on the bottom of the page.  In the first game, the crab ends all the way on the right.  Sounds easy, right?
You cover the crabs and rocks with the shells and move the pieces.  You have to switch two at a time and you can ONLY switch two connected by a line.  Make sense? It didn't to me when I read it, but once we started playing it totally did.

The first few pages were EASY.  Aidan was all "This game is too easy!"

So we skipped a few pages.  THEN things got interesting.  As you see in the background, V is a shell theif.
Waaa waaa waaaaaa....he was all certain he got it.  NOPE. 
 
At this point I was thinking "Pbbt.  I can do any of them."  I flipped to the expect level and set one up.  Yeah....that is hard!  It is definitely something that you need to concentrate on.  It is NOT a game to play when you have three kids fighting in the background. You really do need to use your memory on this game.  It gets really challenging the further you go in the booklet!

If you get really stuck there are pages in the instruction booklet that tell how to solve the puzzles.  I checked it out, but didn't read them.  I want to try to master the booklet on my own without the answers there.  I just need to find some quiet!

See, expert is NO JOKE.
If you are looking for a really good challenging game for older kids OR adults, you can purchase it on AMAZON. In addition to that site, they do sell it online HEREYou can check out their entire line of toys in their shop at ThinkFun.com


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment