Friday, July 18, 2014

StyloPhora Ice Ball Mold Review

I live in the south. In the south it is nothing for the temperatures to hit a 100F or more in the summer. Hydration is key during this time!  Nothing is worse though than grabbing a drink and either having it A-hot from the sun, or B-cold, but watered down due to ice melting in the drink.

When I saw these on a friend's blog, I kind of giggled, but them though about it.  They are rather awesome!  Behold StyloPhora Ice Ball Mold!

The ice takes longer to melt due to it's size.  This results in drinks staying colder longer and them not being watered down.  Also, I have wanted to try those colored ice balls that you see all over pinterest.  These would be perfect to make them in!  Ohh ohh!  What about balls with stuff frozen in them?  You could put a little trinket in it and then have the kids break them open to get the prize!  Hmmm....float in a bathtub?  See, tons of ideas.

For the purpose of the review, I went the normal ice ball route.  Picture time!  

When you receive the item, the three balls, funnel, and instructions are all in a handy dandy tube for storage.

 The spheres have a nice flat bottom, so they sit well on tables, or in your freezer.

 To fill, you need to make sure the 2 pieces are put together very tightly (mine wasn't the first time...oops), extend the collapsible funnel, and insert it into the top.  The funnel fits into the top hole very snug. When filling, I found it easier to hold the funnel up a bit.  Otherwise, the water just backed up into the funnel.  No way for the air to escape that was inside the sphere! 
Make sure to fill the ball up to the line. The extra room there is to ensure the water doesn't spill out while freezing.  Water expands, you know! Yeah....I went a bit over the line.
 They take about 4 to 6 hours to freeze.  I left mine over night.  To get the sphere out, you have to twist the top a bit.  It is a tight fit! Same with the bottom. Twist it out!
 Cool, huh?  Pun totally intended.


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment