If you are like me,you saw the bottle and said "Bacon syrup?" Nope. Not made from bacon. EVERY TIME I walk past it in the kitchen I read it as bacon syrup. Yacon syrup is actually made from the yacon plant. It is grown in Peru and sort of looks like a potato. It is organically grown,low in calories, and very low on the glycemic index!
According to their site it suppose to increase your metabolism as well as being an excellent source of fiber. They warn that this product can really "get things moving"if you get my drift, so make sure to stick within their recommendation of usage.
A few key points from the company:
- 100% pure Yacon syrup has shown to assist in weight management, increase fiber intake and promotes good bowel function.
- Other benefits include: Lowers blood sugar. Prevents and controls hyperglycemia (over activity). Restores renal activity. Is a powerful Antioxidant.
- High in prebiotics and probiotics, this syrup contains up to 50% of FOS (fructooligosacharides). It has been found that consumption of FOS does not increase blood glucose, and helps boost your bodies metabolism.
- Naturally grown and sourced from the fields in Peru. Organic certified by our manufacturing specialists.
- 100% pure raw organic syrup formula with no added preservatives. Bottled and tested in a FDA certified GMP facility in the USA.
The product is rather thick and dark as seen below.
They say that you can add it into your coffee or hot tea to drink it instead of just drinking it off a spoon. I tried that. It does have a certain taste to it which can only be described as molasses like. So, it WILL change the taste of your coffee if you do that. Be ready for it. I have tried it in iced tea and will say that the product doesn't dissolve well in cold drinks. If you aren't going for a hot drink, I would probably just eat it off a spoon.
I haven't used it long enough to gauge the metabolic increase yet, but I am excited to see if it works!
This product is raw, GMO free, gluten free, soy free, and only ONE ingredient. Fantastic.
Yacon Root Syrup Available HERE
You can find it on Amazon HERE
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.