Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Another ThinkFun review! This time....HOPPERS!

I have had the privilege of reviewing a few games from the company ThinkFun. I have played with and loved The Shell Game, Zingo! Sight Words, and Rush Hour Jr.  Now, I can add Hoppers to that list!

 If you have ever been out to eat at a Cracker Barrel, you have probably played the wooden solitaire game on the table. Normally they are triangle shaped. This is SIMILAR, but more fun I think.

First off, HELLO!  Frogs. Look how stinking cute.  Much better than golf tees AND your kiddo probably can't poke their eye out with a frog. (I wouldn't recommend trying)
 How Hoppers works is you have the board with pegs that the frogs sit on and then cards.The cards, like a lot of the ThinkFun games, go from easy to hard. On the first card on the easy level you just place 4 frogs. The game play is still the same as normal solitaire.  You can jump the adjacent frog and you must follow the lines on the board.  Once jumped, remove the frog that was jumped. Super easy at the beginning.

If you get stuck you can flip the card over and the directions are on the back. Yes, I realize that I showed you card one and solution 3.  Oops.

 
As game play goes on, the cards to get progressively harder.  Aidan flew through the first few cards and got a bit stumped on the medium.  He eventually figured it out.

 V has decided to set it up, then just pick up all the frogs except one off the board and exclaim "I did it!"
 She also occupied herself by doing this....

 This game, other than just being fun, also has multiple learning benefits!  Spacial reasoning, Focus & attention, perseverance, and confidence.  I totally benefited  from the perseverance aspect. Those hard levels are HARD.
 Once you are finished playing, everything stores NEATLY in itself!  Look how cute those frogs are lined up.  
 Personally, I LOVE how portable all the games are that I have had the chance to review. I am planning on taking this one with me while traveling to craft shows this fall. I tend to get to shows early or have some down time.  This will be a great way to pass the time.  

I also LOVE the levels.  I know when playing the traditional peg game, it can be VERY frustrating.  It is a hard game to master. With this, you work your way up in difficulty.   It isn't an "all or nothing" game.

Since it is small, depending on the size of your handbag, it could fit inside!It fits in my purse.  It is for ages 5 and up. Retail is $14.99

You can learn more about ThinkFun on their website
You can purchase Hoppers HERE 

 I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment