Saturday, September 6, 2014

Australian Tea Tree Oil review!


Before kiddos I worked at a salon & spa.  Working there I got to experience many firsts.I had my first pedicure, my first lash extensions, and I had my first facial.  If you haven't had a professional facial, it is way more than just cleansing the skin. There is cleaning, toning, extracting, and treatments. During treatments, that is where I discovered tea tree oil.

Tea tree oil is a fascinating oil. It is kind of a multipurpose oil. You can make shampoo, cleansers(for body and household use), lice treatment,soap, acne treatment, flea treatments, seriously.  A ton of stuff. I ran out a while ago and when I was approached to review it, I excitedly said yes. 

Apothecary Extracts Tea Tree Oil is only available on Amazon. The bottle size is a VERY generous 4oz.  I am used to small one ounce bottles, so it didn't really "click" how large it was going to be until I saw it.  This will last me well over a year.

With every purchase you receive a 100 page eBook full of 53 different uses for your oil.  You get recipes for the bathroom: mouth wash, cleanser, and bath salts, just to name a couple.  

What really jumped out at me is the amount of home uses. I never really think of essential oils for use in the house.  I guess from my first experience with them, them being in the spa environment, I never really thought of them otherwise. There are directions on how to make your own reed diffusers and air fresheners with the tea tree! They say that it has a "medium" strength on Amazon...I would disagree on this point. I think it is stronger than that. Unless you LOVE the aroma, I would mix it with another oil if you were doing a room fragrance.

Overall, I have been super happy with my bottle.  It has taken care of the minor breakouts I have been having lately due to the heat.  Word of warning, if applying for skin care, give yourself some time for the aroma to disperse before leaving the house.  No one needs to know your beauty tricks.  That can be our secret.



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment