Thursday, September 11, 2014

#FitMadeFun Party

Saturday September 6th,2014 was Fit Made Fun Day!  If you haven't heard, on that day LeapFrog was celebrating how fitness can be a fun experience for all!  They ever were trying to set multiple Guiness World Records in Santa Monica, CA. In celebration of this, LeapFrog and CLIF Kid joined together to sponsor parties around the country!

I was SO excited when I got picked to host a #FitMadeFun party hosted by LeapFrog and CLIF Kid.  Unfortunately/Fortunately the date for the party ended up being a day when we were going to be spending 5 hours at the park.  So, I did the most logical step,I signed up for snacks that day and brought the LeapBands along!


The LeapBands are INCREDIBLY fun.   Before you pass it on to your kids, you need to upload the data to your computer.  The download is super easy from their site. From there you can block off times where the games aren't active.  School times and sleep times are already blocked out, those times are easy to change though.  I really love this feature.  The clock is still active, but your little ones won't be up all night playing games.

V LOVES to take care of her pet on the band.  You earn coins which in turn give you access to more characters to play with.  You can bathe, feed, name,and even exchange your pet.  V's favorite is the unicorn, while the boys like the penguin or robot. We have a serious penguin fascination in this house.

There are 50 different activities to choose from. There is also a clock and stop watch.  I won't tell you how many times my kids have timed each other racing through the house since receiving these.

V doesn't play soccer yet,but that doesn't stop her from stealing the boys old jerseys to fit in!


This band has been a HUGE hit in this house.  I can really see this being a big hit this Christmas.  Watches are always a big hit with kids, mine especially, but a watch with games AND pets?  Hands down, fun for the kids.  V, 3yo, loves it.  Nate, 6yo, he likes it. Aidan, 8yo, he likes it, but won't wear it. He just holds it.  The band is preformed into a circle. I think it hits his wrist funny.  The bands are geared for ages 4-7, so that makes sense.

After Nate's game was over, we passed out the CLIF Kids bars!  At the time of posting, their site was having issues. You can check them on Facebook though!


 I had three flavors to pass out. Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Mint, and Chocolate Peanut Butter.  Out of both teams AND my kids, Chocolate Chip was the hands down winner.  Chocolate Peanut Butter came in second. 

My kids are VERY anti-mint.  Maybe this is a trend among kids.  No one really picked the mint bars.  Fine by me though, I really like them.  It is a great merge of the two ingredients.  Neither chocolate or mint are too strong.  I really like the texture as well.  They stick together and aren't crumbly.

Nate loved how the bottom is covered in chocolate.  These have become a staple for his school lunch now and have replaced another type of snack bar.  I really like how these have 5 grams of protein in each bar.  While chocolate is considered a treat, I figure that these area healthier treat and don't mind them requesting them!

I want to say a special thank you to LeapFrog, MommyParties, and CLIF Kids for helping me host a super fun party and for providing snacks for the two teams!   You definitely added fun to the sidelines as well as making happy tummies.  (And multiple moms happy with healthier treats after the games!)

I received free products in order to host the LeapFrog and CLIF Kid sponsored MommyParty. The opinions expressed here are my own.

3 comments:

  1. The LeapBands sound great! I hadn't heard of them before but I will for sure be on the lookout for them now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We LOVE the CLIF Kids bars. My kids ate so many of them!! Gonna have to pick up some more for snack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been seeing some really great reviews on the LeapBand and might invest in some for my kids and my niece.

    ReplyDelete