Monday, September 15, 2014

LOOT CRATE!!! aka The mail that makes me happy dance.

GAH!  That is my thoughts about Loot Crate.  I love this box. You can read my other two reviews HERE(adventure) and HERE(villains).  


Little blurb about them and what they do:

Loot Crate is a monthly box for "geeks and gamers".  The starting price is $13.37/month plus $6 shipping.  So, about one grande latte a week.  Each box contains a $40+ retail value. Prices can vary depending on the plan you get. If you order a 3 month subscription you end up paying $12.37 plus shipping/month.  If you get a 6 month plan it breaks down to $11.37 plus shipping/month. You can sign up HERE.

Each month has a particular theme. Last month was Villains.  This month....HEROES! Let's break this box open and see what is inside.


 PRETTY darn smart of them.  Two movies just came out.  Guardians of the Galaxy and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

I am pretty sure that everyone I know is in love with Groot.  This month the big gift was a Pop! figure of Groot. What makes this one cool is that it is a Loot Crate EXCLUSIVE!  What else makes him so cool?  He has a glow in the dark hand.

Next up....Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I don't think you can get any more "hero-ish" than them.  I grew up watching them.  Kinda cool that they are making a comeback now that I have kids.

My kids stole my ninja turtle AND my glasses AND my crate that is decorated to look like their sewer.  (They aren't getting my Groot though.  They have been instructed.)





Seriously, how cute is that box?  And how cute is Nate?  He can wear them over his glasses. SCORE!

This month they had a super cute addition which had me googling for more.  ShWings!  (Shoe + wings)  We are all aware that certain shoes make kids run faster and jump higher.  I mean, the shoes that lit up ALWAYS offered optional performance in running when you were a kid.  Alas, now that I am a grown up, they don't make light up shoes any more.  These can help you fly, so, ya know, they are cooler.  (Please don't ACTUALLY try to fly while wearing ShWings) The package has one for each shoe.  Pretty sure I am putting these on my shoes this weekend.


There were a few different air fresheners this month.  I am SO glad I got Sonic.  That was one of my favorite games when I was younger.  My kids like playing it now!  Once I have my car back from the shop, up it goes!


 Last few items: Your pin (of course), a fun magnet, and some bonus digital crate loot.




 















This box WELL exceeds the cost.  I have yet to get a box and think "Meh....it was worth the $19.37 (cost + shipping for a month)  The boxes are claimed to be valued at $40+ and they really are.

Right now they are selling September crate.  Enter Galactic at check out and receive 10% off!  If you follow them on Instagram, sometimes they drop hints about next months items!

 I received a box free for review purposes, but all opinions are totally my own. I wish I could say the items are all mine as well, but my kids yanked most. Darn kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment