Tuesday, September 23, 2014

STOP! Back up! I am switching gears a bit here.

Pull up a chair. It's time to get real here. I started this blog YEARS ago with the intention to share my family life with family. Then I kind of went a bit public and started throwing in some reviews for companies.  Basically, they had stuff that I wanted.

Then I found a site, started getting more stuff, and some how I turned into a lots of reviews, less about us site. Review sites are glorious. I LOVE them.  I am especially drawn to subscription box review sites, because, well, subscription boxes are AWESOME.

Being at TypeACon this past weekend, I had a lot of time to think.  I don't like the way that the blog is rolling lately.  While I do give my honest review of items, what is say is what I feel, I feel disingenuous pimping out Vitamin C serum.  I have a few reviews left to do and I am still going to do those.  

You WILL still see Loot Crate, because Loot Crate is awesome.  I got my box this weekend....it MIGHT have a Tribble inside.  (By might, of course I mean it does)

 

Video posted in case you don't know what a tribble is. Not going to say any names but someone in this house might not have known. Okay, Eric. It was Eric.  Eric didn't know what a tribble was.

I am not stopping ALL reviews, but I will be more selective in the future.   I think I need to get back more to the family life. More about US.  Is that self absorbed? Meh, maybe a bit.  But I think my family is probably the coolest thing since sliced bread.

So, here is to hoping you continue on this journey with me and maybe we can get a bit more "real" with each other.

1 comment:

  1. After attending the blog conference, I decided to do the same thing. I want to focus on things that are more genuine because I believe that's what my readers WANT and DESERVE (as opposed to some of the less authentic things I've posted in the past). I think any reviews we do should be things we really, really do love and for companies that we feel best represent who we are as writers! :)

    ReplyDelete