Thursday, November 20, 2014

Do you love taking selfies? If so, step on in here.

Let me tell you a story. Once upon a time I was approached by a company to do a review for the game Selfie.  I was heading out to my friends house across the country and I call her the selfie queen, so of course I said yes.  I figured we could set something up and play there.  I did not think about 12+ hour work days making me tired.

They did.

So the game and supplies came home.

THEN I set up a time for a bunch of friends to come over on a week day.  They are moms.  Guess what happened.  Mom life.  Get together cancelled...again.

FINALLY (and over a month later) I went over to a friend's house.  Between me, her, my husband, her husband, and her OLDER kids WE HAD THE PARTY!!

First off, the game is SUPER cute.  In the box you get 360 cards, a frame, and the rules.  So TECHNICALLY you could throw the cards in your bag and take it with you. You just need a phone or tablet.


Quick description of how to play:
  • Everyone draws 7 cards.  
  • The person whose turn it is chooses one of their cards to "make a selfie of" You hold up the frame and make your face through it correlating to the card.  (or take a picture and show everyone)You do NOT let the people know what the card says.
  • The other players look through their cards and find the card that best describes the look on your face.
  • The selfie maker chooses the best card, based on closeness of answer or funniest. The person who played that card gets a point.
  • Discard the cards, everyone gets new cards.
This continues until someone gets 5 points.
 We decided to play with a tablet instead of the frame.  The girls did have fun making faces through the frame though! 
A photo posted by Sarah Dodson (@bumbleflies) on
  Now.  Let's talk cards.  This game is for 13+.  Some cards are SUPER tame.
Some are questionable.  I do not have a 13 year old at this point, so I can't judge what it will be like when I do.  I try not to talk about passing gas with my kids now, they still do though. Not too sure about the potty humor.
Then you have cards like these. I DEFINITELY don't want my kids thinking about this.  The mom and I were ROLLING laughing when we were pulling out these cards.  

The idea of a 13 year old girl having to make a face like she just found out she was pregnant...I don't really want them to think about that, you know?  If you are playing with kiddos and are overprotective like me, weed the cards out.  There aren't a TON of these, it won't take long.
Then there are blank cards to make your own.
This game is super fun and we all had a blast.  Know what would make this even better? Girls night, all the cards in the deck, and margaritas. I can really see this as a fun "adults only" game. Ohhhh....after dinner while kids are playing?  That could be fun. We have Eric's brother and his partner coming over next week for Thanksgiving! This will be PERFECT to pull out!

I'll give you two guesses as to who won...

(I want her hair)
A teenage girl. lol.  I would have NEVER guessed that a teenage girl would be the best at selfies! (please note the sarcasm)

If you are interested in checking it out, they sell online and in stores!
USAopoly
Toys R Us
Books A Million
Calendars.com
and of course  Amazon

USAopoly game me copies of the game in order to facilitate the review.  All opinions are my own. :)
 

1 comment:

  1. Had such a fun time playing! And I totally agree! A girls' night and a couple of pitchers of margaritas would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete