Wednesday, December 24, 2014

8" Green Earth Frying Pan by Ozeri Review.

So....I REALLLLLLY waited until the last minute here.  The holidays snuck up on me and this review is due TONIGHT!  SO, still okay, just not what I wanted to be doing Christmas Eve since I took the pictures and video weeks ago.  Darn sickness and baking and craft shows!

Anyway...this pan...AWESOME.

First of all...it is a fantastic green color. I remember when I was little my mom had bowls this color. LOVE IT.


 Then, after ooohing and ahhhing over the color, you flip it over and see this:


The pan has a neat honeycomb texture to it that helps with airflow. This means better, more even cooking.  It also has a CERAMIC coating so it is truly nonstick.  Here is a blurb straight from the company so they can get all technical for you:
 
"Utilizing GREBLON -- an ultra-safe ceramic coating from Germany, the Green Earth Pan by Ozeri is one of the world's first frying pans to achieve non-stick perfection while remaining absolutely free of PTFE, PFOA and other harmful chemicals. With the Green Earth Pan's GREBLON ceramic from Germany, even under high temperatures, no harmful toxic fumes are ever released into the environment. This is because the Green Earth Pan utilizes a 100% ceramic coating inspired by nature - not a laboratory. The Green Earth Pan's ceramic coating is completely free of PTFE and PFOA, and far more durable and scratch-resistant than other non-stick surfaces. With better non-stick properties, the Green Earth Pan allows you to saute, fry, bake, boil and braise with as little as half the amount of oil normally used, and cleaning is a breeze. The Green Earth Pan by Ozeri is made of the highest quality die-cast aluminum that allows for even cooking and fantastic browning without hot spots. It boasts a magnetized bottom for rapid heat transfer on induction stoves, and a heat resistant silicone coated handle. This version of the Green Earth Pan features a textured ceramic cooking surface. The elevations of the textured cooking surface create air pockets which distribute heat underneath food to enhance cooking performance. Your satisfaction is guaranteed. GREBLON ceramic made by Weilburger GmbH, Germany. Final assembly in China"

Did you get all that?  Basically, in a nut shell, this pan is nonstick, no yucky chemicals in it, and it cooks your food more evenly.

Inside the box, there is also this weird little felt pad.  If you have more than one and stack the pans, this helps protect the honeycomb pattern so it doesn't scratch.  I hang my pans, so it isn't necessary for me.
 

Let's get to the show and tell.  V likes "princess eggs". Eggs with cheese.  Cheese, is wonderful, but when it gets stuck on the pan, not fun.


Now....watch and be amazed.

video

DID YOU SEE THAT?!?!?!  Amazing....am I right?  This is an awesome thing, but makes me oddly sad at the same time.  Crispy pan cheese is the best!

My Amazon review link for those interested.
 I was given a pan in order to facilitate my review.  All opinions are my own....as well as my love of pan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment